yup- sweet mercy- finally an update and also the title for this new piece! I finally got around to finishing the sketch i had posted about previously and actually had the fore-thought to take a series of screen grabs along the way- so apologies for the visual length of this post (i have tried to trim it down a bit) but here is a look at this painting from start to finish. First up is the final work:
and for those of you who are interested, here are the progress shots. Again, all of these are scaled down a bit from low res screen grabs but hopefully you can see enough of the details. First up is the initial drawing, tone and base colors. The original pencil sketch was photographed and brought into artrage for reworking and refinement. Once that was done it was over to photoshop for some tonal work blocked in and then basic colors that would go to make up the base of the image.
What follows is grabs of my painting process- from here on in i painted this in painter ix.5 with oil brushes on a basic linen canvas texture.
So there you have it, a few color adjustments in photoshop and its all done. Sorry for the lack of commentary on each image but im sure you can work out whats going on where. Lastly- heres a few larger pics to show some more of the details.